STEM is embedded into our daily lives. The largest number of careers today require maths, science and technology along with a good command of language. These are gateway subjects. Maths Centre instigates projects from Grade 6 – Grade 11 so that learners can see how STEM subjects lead to a large variety of understanding of engineering careers. Making housework and daily life at work easy and nature friendly? Communication and Travel; Destruction & Construction of life; Keeping fit; Exploring space; Polluting mother earth?
Take a look at this small list:
- Roads, Cars, lorries, trucks, bicycles, Trains, planes and ships
- Bridges and tunnels; Telephones and; Radios, TV sets, computers
- Hi Fis and stereo systems; Fire protection equipment; Nuclear industry; Stoves, microwaves, vacuum cleaners and gym equipment; Fridges and Freezers; Plumbing and building equipment
- Cranes and Agricultural equipment such as tractors
- Hospitals and hospital equipment; Optics and hearing aids
- Mining equipment; Industrial equipment as in catering
- Steel and mineral mining; TV and Cinema industry etc.
- Heating and cooling systems; Water filtration and sewage systems
- Space shuttles and rockets; Power stations and pylons
- Windmills and solar panels; clothing industry and sportswear and so on.