Anglo American South Africa and Platinum – Amandelbult Collaboration with SIOC-cdt -in partnership with the Department of Basic Education have launched the Anglo American South African Education Programme, a core part of Anglo American’s Sustainable Mining Plan. The goal of the Programme is to improve the educational outcomes of learners in communities local to Platinum Amandelbult Collaboration with SIOC-cdt in Thabazimbi/Dwaalboom, Limpopo.
Maths Centre seeks to appoint 2 x Trainer/Coach in Waterberg District (Thabazimbi/Dwaalboom Circuits) to do teacher development and coaching of teachers from Grade 4-7 in 13 schools, who reside in Thabazimbi/Dwaalboom, as follows:
|BUSINESS UNIT-OPERATION||SUBJECT AND GRADE|
|Platinum – Amandelbult Collaboration with SIOC-cdt||Maths Grade 4 -7|
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide classroom-based and remote teacher support to improve teachers’ subject content knowledge and teaching skills.
- Provide effective group development and support to teachers by way of school- and cluster meetings to develop teachers and facilitate collaboration amongst teachers.
- Facilitate the use of Maths’s teacher development resources to improve the quality of teaching delivered.
- Track, monitor and report on delivery and teacher progress and implement remedial actions as required.
- Work collaboratively with Subject Advisors to align teacher development activities.
- Develop and Maintain working relationship with all stakeholders (to enable co-operation, collaboration & efficient flow of Communication).
- B.Ed Degree in Mathematics, PGCE or equivalent qualification.
- Five + years’ experience teaching Mathematics in grade 4 – 7 and proven track record.
- Experience in multigrade teaching an added advantage.
- Up-to-date CAPS curriculum knowledge.
- Be able to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required for submitting reports.
- Be available on weekdays, during school hours and afternoons, as well as certain Saturdays and Holidays.
- Be available to attend Maths Centre induction in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
- Be flexible to travel and stay over, as may be required.
- Be open to the use of innovation in teaching and the development of teachers.
- SACE registration
- Hold a valid driver’s licence; own a functional car with comprehensive insurance.
Preference will be given to local candidates. Interested candidate should forward a motivational letter, proof of residence in the area, certified copies of their qualifications and curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 23 August 2020. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews and for additional documentation. If you have not been contacted within a month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.