A potential lifelong learner who wishes to excel as a teacher leader, who has ambitions to bring about changes in the system such that larger number of learners succeed each year, one who is ambitious to make their mark in the field of education. Nothing is ever too much trouble, task before time, always.
Requirements to become a Maths Centre trainer
Effective Maths Centre Trainers know their subject matter, are lifelong learners, learning absolutely every day, are keen to research and establish credibility, interact with other teachers to share and shine, validating and respecting everyone’s experiences. They are culturally sensitive knowing that the world is a diverse place and that diversity leads to better solutions. Original, lively and engaging they use contrasts, metaphors and suspense. Maths Centre trainers challenge their learners into learning without demeaning put down scenarios, giving learners regular feedback. Always building everyone around them, MCIS trainers are never satisfied with today’s achievement, always setting themselves higher goals and SMART objectives. They are alert and awake, using internet resources, concrete resources, replenishing old resources with new ideas, appropriate and fit for the curriculum being tackled.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification, preferably diploma/degree level in Mathematics , Science , Technology , Accounting and English Education. (This is largely based on the project scope)
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Must be an EE/AA candidate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching Mathematics or Science or Technology (Learnerships for inexperienced BEd and PGCE graduates will be considered)
- Language requirements: English and at least one other Official Language
- SACE Registration
- Basic Computer Skills – ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Own functional, roadworthy car
- Valid driver’s license
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Good health
- Ability to travel locally and to the Head Office in Braamfontein as and when necessary