Anglo American South Africa and De Beers – Venetia, Blouberg -in partnership with the Department of Basic Education have launched the Anglo American South African Education Programme, a core part of Anglo American’s Sustainable Mining Plan. The goal of the Programme is to improve the educational outcomes of learners in communities local to De Beers Venetia Blouberg in Blouberg, Limpopo.
Maths Centre seeks to appoint 2 x Trainer/Coach in Capricorn District (Bahananwa North and South Circuit) to do teacher development and coaching of teachers from Grade 4-7 in 10 schools, who reside in Blouberg, as follows:
|BUSINESS UNIT-OPERATION||SUBJECT AND GRADE|
|De Beers – Venetia, Blouberg||Maths Grade 4 -7|
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide classroom-based and remote teacher support to improve teachers’ subject content knowledge and teaching skills.
- Provide effective group development and support to teachers by way of school- and cluster meetings to develop teachers and facilitate collaboration amongst teachers.
- Facilitate the use of Maths’s teacher development resources to improve the quality of teaching delivered.
- Track, monitor and report on delivery and teacher progress and implement remedial actions as required.
- Work collaboratively with Subject Advisors to align teacher development activities.
- Develop and Maintain working relationship with all stakeholders (to enable co-operation, collaboration & efficient flow of Communication).
- B.Ed Degree in Mathematics, PGCE or equivalent qualification.
- Five + years’ experience teaching Mathematics in grade 4 – 7 and proven track record.
- Up-to-date CAPS curriculum knowledge.
- Be able to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required for submitting reports.
- Be available on weekdays, during school hours and afternoons, as well as certain Saturdays and Holidays.
- Be available to attend Maths Centre induction in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
- Be flexible to travel and stay over, as may be required.
- Be open to the use of innovation in teaching and the development of teachers.
- SACE registration
- Hold a valid driver’s licence; own a functional car with comprehensive insurance.
Preference will be given to local candidates. Interested candidate should forward a motivational letter, proof of residence in the area, certified copies of their qualifications and curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 30 August 2020. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews and for additional documentation. If you have not been contacted within a month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.