Name of School:
Thabane High School
Petra Diamonds Kimberley
1. Tell us more about yourself.
I am a teacher qualified in BSc – Applied mathematics and Physics. Currently teaching Natural Sciences – Gr. 8 and Physical Sciences – Gr. 10 – 12. I am ambitious in achieving
good results in set goals. Hence my hard work and continuous dedication in my work.
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
My Strengths; Hard work, been part of the group, working with the group and motivation through my actions – Leading by example.
My Weakness: Generosity and understanding.
3. What is your expectations on your learners’ results for Maths / Science at the end of the year?
Grade 12 – expected 70 % – 80 %, and lower grades 50 % to 60 %.
4. What goals do you have set for the next 5 to 10 years? (Future plans)
To further my studies in the field of Physics, i.e. achieve a Masters’ Degree and/or above. Achieve a continuous pass rate of 80% – 90 % in Physical Sciences, And be part of the Lecturing staff at the Sol Plaatje University.
5. What did you gain in the Maths Centre Projects, running in the school?
A lot! Firstly I learned different approaches of learning/teaching, even how to reach the most “un-interested” learner. Different assessments, i.e. pre – and post – tests. Secondly, the apparatus/equipments that we received as part of the project, has made my life easy. Demonstrations (concrete learning) is possible.